Jamun, the highly nutritious, refreshing, and succulent fruit flooding the summer markets has innumerable health benefits. Commonly known as Java plum or Indian blackberry in English, Jamun or Jambul in Hindi, Jambufalam or Mahaphala in Sanskrit, Naavar Pazham in Tamil, and Neredu in Telugu, it goes by the botanical name Syzygium cumini. This juicy fruit holds a great significance in holistic treatments like Ayurvedic, Unani and Chinese medicine as it attenuates Kapha and Pitta. Jamun found a special mention in Ramayana and is prized as the ‘Fruit of Gods’ as Lord Rama survived eating this berry during his 14 years of exile in the forest. Jamun is an excellent source of vitamin C, carbohydrates, protein, iron, magnesium, potassium, and a few phytochemicals. The fruit is diuretic, anti-scorbutic, and carminative in properties and is a rich source of polyphenolic compounds.
Ingredients: Jamun Extract
• It has active ingredients called jambolana and jambosine that slow down the rate of sugar released into the blood and increases the insulin levels in the body. It converts starch into energy and reduces the symptoms of diabetes such as frequent urination and thrusting.
• It is laden with high amounts of potassium. It is extremely beneficial in keeping heart related ailments at a bay. Regular consumption of Jamun prevents hardening of arteries which leads to atherosclerosis and reduces the various symptoms of high blood pressure thereby controlling hypertension and preventing strokes and cardiac arrests.
• Being low on calories and high on fiber, makes Jamun an ideal fruit in all weight loss diets and recipes. It improves your digestion and the pharmacological properties help in minimizing water retention besides boosting body metabolism, satiating your hunger, and giving you a feeling of fullness.
• It detoxifies and purifies the blood and makes your skin glow from the inside. The high index of Vitamin -C blesses you with blemish-free radiant skin.
• The biochemical compounds present in Jamun have been used since ancient times to battle germs and shield the body against various infections. Thanks to its strong anti-viral, anti-bacterial, and antifungal properties, it is not only used for removing bacteria or germs from the body but also used for treating and healing wounds. The bio-active ingredients also help in reducing general debility, weakness, and fatigue and improve the vitality of the body.
• The anti-flatulent property reduces the formation of gas in the alimentary canal, thus reducing flatulence, constipation, bloating, and abdominal distension. The antacid property of Jamun extract prevents the formation of excessive acids in the stomach thereby treating indigestion, ulcer, and gastritis and promoting better absorption of nutrients in the body.
• Having powerful anti-inflammatory, anti-biotic, and anti-asthmatic properties, it plays a quintessential role in treating the common cold, cough, and flu symptoms. It also thins and loosens catarrh particles within the chest and nasal cavities and hence eases breathing and helps the body to get rid of mucus. It is also beneficial in treating bronchitis and asthmatic conditions.
HOW TO USE: Take 1 tablet twice daily, 15-30 minutes after a meal or as directed by experts.